Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Not the first, not the last and certainly not that bad, but I can't stop crying... I feel like a loser!

Today, I called the preschool to find out if it was "pj day." I was told it was. N (4.5) wore her pjs. It wasn't pj day. She was upset. This upset me. I am annoyed. I ACTUALLY CALLED and was told it was pj day and I had to leave my child at preschool upset. Now I am wasting my time driving back up to preschool and bringing a change of clothes... 2 changes actually because we were supposed to already have a change of clothes there, but I am a loser mom so I didn't yet (she hasn't had an accident at preschool and I have been too overwhelmed to think about it--Mom's pacemaker, nanny on vacation for a month, my friend leaving and saying goodbye, me doing too much at work...).

Things would be much more clear if Preschool would send home notes and clearly communicate. They sent home a note saying it was "weird and wacky week" and listed that there would be lots of silly activities, but they didn't send the schedule. If they would have just added:
Th: Crazy hair day
F: PJ day

it all would have been simpler.

I feel like a loser Mom, but I am trying. I don't think you get points for "trying" in this game of Motherhood.... I think N is going to be traumatized by this. Arrgh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! It's not even your fault. They told you the worng thing over the phone (geez, how pathetic is that??). I'm sure N was fine once she got her regular clothes. I think she's young enough that she wouldn't be too upset about it. Repeat this to yourself: I AM NOT A LOSER!!! I AM A GREAT MOM!!!

Anonymous said...

oops--should be WRONG....see, I'M the LOSER...can't even review my comment before clicking publish!