Friday, August 25, 2006

After the movies--a few more thoughts

Well, we're home. Everyone made it. My Mom did go to the bathroom but she did fine. Whew.

Did I mention she has really bad osteoporosis? Did I mention that she looks like a good breeze might blow her over? Did I mention she's already broken one hip (1.5 years ago)? Did I mention how amazingly resilient she seems to be? I am so pleased with how well she has recovered from the issues she's faced.

Anyway... I was thinking... Perhaps somebody needs to say to me, "You think you can do (all) these things, but you just can't." Do I try to cram too much into my life? Yea, probably.

I watched two women work full-time and try to "do it all" while I was in graduate school and early in my career. Those two women, D and J, are the reason I do not work full-time. They were FAR MORE INSANE THAN ME. Good grief, if I worked full-time I wouldn't have time to blog. How sad would that be?

Okay... More later. Off I go to enjoy the last evening of this visit with my parents. I am enjoying it. I'm just tired because it does take a lot of work.

No comments: