Friday, August 25, 2006

Words don't do it justice

I can't even get the right words...

I just dropped my parents and N (4.5) off at the movies. I am freaking. I am at home now and have to leave to go back and get them in 40 minutes. I was going to try to do a little work, but really, I don't think I can manage it.

My big fear right now is that my Mom will need to go to the bathroom and to get out of the theatre she has to climb down some stairs... Well, it's dark in the theatre... and she isn't the best walker... See where I'm going?

Yea. I should have stayed and gone to the movie. What was I thinking?

I am so glad my parents got to come visit, but good grief, it's hard. They want to do fun things. They want to create memories for N and K and T. I want to help them, but it was insane to leave them at the movies. The quote from Nemo keeps coming back to me.... Where Marlin says, "You think you can do these things, but you just can't." That's what I want to say to my parents, but I don't.

They've been here a week. I'm really glad they got to come, but my head is about to explode.

My Mom has to take a pillow to the theatre in case the seats aren't comfortable enough. My Dad ... He can walk about 50 feet before he needs to sit down. 50 feet is not that far. It's really hard to go places.

10 years ago I thought it was hard when they came to visit. It was, but I didn't realize it was going to get so much harder. Does life ever get easier? Or does it just always keep getting more and more complicated and difficult?

Kind of a jumbled post, but this is what today is.

No comments: