Saturday, July 15, 2006

Very Random

I don't feel like I've done a very random post in a while. I am probably wrong, but I feel I've been pretty good at containing my posts to one or two subjects.

Anyway, this post is going to be all over the map!

1. Miss N (4.5) watched a "Magic Schoolbus" episode where they built a bridge. She decided she needed to build a bridge. When she gets something in her head, look out. She and I went on a quest for popsicle sticks yesterday. We found them and bought 2 packages (450 total) and some Elmer's Glue. She knew just what she wanted to do. I'll share pictures soon.

2. Miss K (2) still shows no interest in weaning. She's nursing 1 or 2 times a day. Miss T (almost 11 months) is showing more of an interest in weaning than Miss K. That's not entirely true, but she is cutting back how much milk she is drinking and I find myself pumping more and fighting the urge to ask Miss K if she wants to nurse. I never offer Miss K the chance to nurse. She has to ask. Occasionally I will tell her no, but usually she only asks when she is tired (or really hungry during the day and then I get her real food).

Since I would like Miss K to wean in the next six months, I am just pumping and not letting her help me out of feeling "full." I think I mentioned that I might have to do another business trip in August. I think I told you that I learned that I don't want to take Miss T with me (because of the trip 2 weeks ago). So I'm using the "fullness" and pumping more and freezing it in case I have to go. I'm not sure how my b*r*e*a*sts will feel about me only taking my pump and no baby, but I think I can manage if it's not more than 48 hours. (I hope..... 'cause really it would be embarrassing to leak while leading a training session.)

3. Speaking of leaking or squirting... (This story is for Nino. I promised it a long time ago!) Sometimes K will pull off while she's nursing and it will squirt her. She'll laugh and say, "Mommy, you're squirting me with milk!" Then Miss N (4.5) will come over and say, "Squirt me, squirt me Mama!" Since she is a former nursling, I do. I wouldn't squirt just anybody, but she laughs and laughs when I squirt her.

4. 3 little girls... Taken on Easter Sunday after we went on a walk and got caught in a rain shower. We plopped them all into a nice warm bath because the rain had been so cold. Pretty cute!

5. One of the first foods I fed all of the girls was black beans. It's a really good first baby food. Nutritious and easy to mash into little bits.

6. When I was pregnant with K (2) I craved soy milk. I had never really liked it before. Now, on the outside, Miss K LOVES soy milk. She gets so excited about it.

I craved ALL FOOD ALL THE TIME when I was pregnant with N. That's how she is. She eats EVERYTHING.

When I was pregnant with T I craved bacon. I haven't given that to her yet. We'll see if she loves it. I craved fried chicken with her too and she does like chicken wings.


7. Even though I'm sure I could think of more random things, T's nap is over and so this post must end.

No comments: