Thursday, July 13, 2006

Extremely tired

I have two more posts almost done... Maybe I'll be able to work on them soon, but I have a lot going on at work and everytime I sit down at my computer to do something for me, I don't feel like I can and then I end up working instead.

I am so tired. Last night I went to bed at 1, and T (10.5 months) woke up at 2:30 (just for a midnight snack and went right back to sleep) but that was 2 times up (once to get her and then once to put her back in her crib). Then I promised I'd check in at 6 am because I have a colleague in another time zone (earlier than us) and he needed me.

I got up at 6:20 and stayed up doing some work until almost 7. I then collapsed back in bed. K (2) thought 7:30 was a good time to get up. I fended her off by nursing/snuggling until 8. I finally gave in and got up at 8. Best case scenario I got 5.5 hours of sleep. Bleh.

I hate it when I'm so tired that all I want to do is moan and say, "I'm tired." That's how I feel right now.

Maybe I can catch a half hour nap. N (4.5) and I are home and maybe she'll watch a video. Hmmmmm.... It might make me a new woman! (Just did that ... I feel a little better. Love the power nap thing!)

Oh, I got a compliment today at work... "Really, you've had 3 children? You don't look like you've had 3 children." Heh. It must be the eye make-up I use. Good stuff Maynard!

Actually this person was complimenting me on my weight loss. He knew me before children and then he saw me when I was pregnant and huge last summer. He also saw me again right after T was born. I do look a LOT better than I did in October. Much thinner!

[start weighty discussion]

I gained about 40 pounds with each pregnancy. After each birth I was large and flabby. I didn't like being large and flabby, bu I KNEW I would lose the weight.

I love to exercise and I think being in shape is very important for health reasons. Over the last 4 years I've lost over 100 pounds... Kind of scary when you think about that. I never was more than 42 pounds heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight, but talk about yo-yo... I went up 42 with N, lost 41 pounds, gained 35 with K, lost 25 of it and then gained 30 with T and I've lost about 35 pounds. (Which would lead you to think I was below my pre-pregnancy weight, but remember when I got pregnant with T I still had about 10 pounds to lose from K's pregnancy.)

I'm now closer to my pre-pregnancy weight than I have been in a long time (since about October 2003). It's the last 5-7 pounds though and those are the hardest. I didn't lose the last 5 until I stopped breastfeeding N. Since I am planning to breastfeed T until she's 2 I may be stuck at this weight for a while. I'm just planning to work out as much as I can and we'll see what happens.

[end weighty discussion]

Speaking of T... Her first birthday is quickly approaching. I have an idea for a theme for it. More on that soon. I'll need some of your opinions about what I'm thinking! I can't believe my baby is almost a year old. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Power naps are a gift from God, aren't they? So funny that you wrote about your weight--I just wrote about mine today. I know you dance, but what other exercise do you do? What type of dance, also?