Thursday, July 20, 2006

Silly, random musings and memories

Yesterday, I went to work and I got my favorite parking space! I love this space because it's close to the cafeteria and my building. (You can see my priorities!)

It was lunchtime when I got to work so I had to first go get food and then go to my building. My favorite parking place makes it so easy to do this. When I get to park in my favorite spot, I can leave all my bags in my car and just go in to the cafeteria and get food and then grab my bags as I walk to my building. I LOVE that parking space.

Did I mention that sometimes I get excited over very little things?

I went in and got my lunch and I found that the cafeteria has coke with sugar for sale. NOT CORN SYRUP coke, real sugar coke. I was so excited. I bought a bottle and asked the cashier if they'll always have coke with sugar. She said she thought so. I AM SO EXCITED. My favorite parking place and real coke.... All in one day????? It really doesn't get much better.

I was shocked to find coke with sugar at my cafeteria at work. I searched high and low for it during passover when it's supposed to be sold, and couldn't find it. On a random day in July, it was for sale? I never ever expected it. Someday I'll write more about coke and sugar and corn syrup, but not today.

And yesterday morning, T slept until 10 am. Our lovely sleepy T! She wakes up to nurse around 7 and then she goes back to sleep until 10. Did I mention this is excellent? She slept that late again today. Yippee! She's still not "officially a walker" in my book, but still very close.

Huh?... I thought N, my first baby, walked right at 11 months. It turns out I declared her a walker at 11 months 1 week. Here's what I wrote at 11 months 6 days...

Can you believe how fast they grow up????????? N is really close to being a walker... She regularly take 5-6 steps between objects now and her confidence in her ability to walk is growing. (It's so fun to watch the development progress. First it was one or two steps... then 3-4 and now 5-6 and it just keeps getting more frequent that she's willing to try and take those 5-6 steps... She's into EVERYTHING too!)

The next day she did 11 steps and we caught it on video and we declared her a walker. 3 days later I chased her as she ran around a party my work had. (She literally was running away and giggling as she did it. She could do more than 30 steps at a time by then.)

She had the croup a couple of days after she turned 11 months, so being sick might have slowed her down a little in the walking arena.

When I look back at the journal I had for N when she was little, and how "messy" it is, I just want to go clean it up and reformat it, but I don't have time. My game plan is to get all the memories, books, pictures (they are actually sort of organized because of my picture web site), and videos all cleaned up and organized when the girls are in high school and can help! Fun fun. We'll have big time production going at our house then.

No comments: