Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I keep grabbing the video camera.... (EDITED)

New section added and just generally a little more coherent.

I keep grabbing the video camera and following T around... She's 11 months and her sisters both took more than 10 steps (my definition of becoming a walker) at 11 months (N) and 11 months 1 day (K)... She has done 6 steps, 8 steps (several times) and 10 steps (once) but I haven't caught it on video yet. I hope soon!!!!!!

But then I don't know why I hope soon. She's my last baby. Why do I want her to walk so quickly? Why am I not savoring her last bits of babyness? Because she's so cute when she's trying to walk. And because she knows that she is doing something really important and she looks so proud. When they are all walking, I will be in trouble! I'm happy and sad again.

One more thing about this learning-to-walk-thing. On Sunday, T would walk as long as she was holding on to something, and she'd occasionally try to walk without holding on. But on Monday, literally just overnight, she started letting go and trying to walk all the time on her own. Something clicked and she wanted to do it. It's so very cool to watch this! The first time was so awe-inspiring, but the third time, it's just so nice because I can stand back and watch and notice different things.

Oh, K didn't nurse this morning. She nursed like a little fiend last night though.

I cancelled a meeting today. I'm so proud of myself. I only had one meeting set up today at work. I have to drive 25 minutes one-way to work (50-60 minutes total). It seemed silly to drive an hour for a meeting that would only be one hour. I felt a little guilty cancelling this meeting because the first time I set it up, I forgot about it and didn't show. (OOPS!) The second time we tried to set it up we emailed about it and never confirmed. And today, I cancelled. I had good reason. In addition to the hour drive, I also didn't have my regular nanny. I don't like to leave this substitute one with all 3.

So instead of sitting in a fairly boring meeting, I got a lot of cleaning done (the house actually is starting to get organized). I got the cakes all ready (Tres Leche and ice cream) for our Good Bye party tonight. I even got to spend quality time with all 3 girls individually today. Yippee!

In the midst of my cleaning and baking, I was feeling like perhaps I could get a handle on my crazy life. That I really need to NOT go in to work so often. And I was feeling smug. And then I found out one of the projects I work on that was winding down just got new funding.

And now I'm going to get even busier. Unless I can get off the project. And I think I'll have a hard time doing that because I'm the only one where I work that does a certain type of statistical analysis that is needed on this project. And it is time consuming. And they (and me too) have invested a lot of time and money to make me the expert. I do like doing the analysis. It's sort of soothing in a numerical way.

NOTE TO SELF... DON'T THINK LIFE WILL EVER BE CALM--IT NEVER WILL BE.

It's still hot here. How is it where you are?

Oh...... ONE NEW BIG THING....We've started the remodel on our NEW HOUSE. Yippee!!!! I'm so thrilled! More soon.

No comments: