Monday, July 17, 2006

Me=Grumpy

I am so tired tonight. I still have to bake a cake for a dinner tomorrow night with some friends. The ones that are moving away. Far away. I am sad.

*******************


Yesterday at the Zoo we had fun. The girls were really good. K and her Daddy rode the zoo train and she LOVED it. N got to feed birds and goats, but wasn't that into the train idea so we skipped it. (I was shocked that N didn't want to ride the train. This girl went through a train phase from 2.5 - 3.5. We have so many Thomas the Train Engines it's ridiculous.) T got very excited by all the sheep and goats at the petting zoo. She petted them. Pretty cute.

Anyway, the girls liked seeing the animals, but they like touching and climbing on the statues of the animals at the zoo even better. When they can actually interact with the animals, they love it. My husband finds it depressing going to Zoos. I can't decide. Sometimes I find them depressing and sometimes I don't.

On the whole, Zoos do a lot of good. Some of the best conservation programs are done through Zoos. I think about that and I don't find zoos too depressing. But sometimes you look in the eyes of an animal and you see that they would rather not be in the zoo. Zoos educate many people about animals. and if they can make the world a better place on the whole for animals, is it worth it? I don't know.

Anyway, it's hot and I'm tired. We went to the zoo yesterday because the zoo nearest us is always 20 degrees cooler than where we are. It was about 70 at the zoo. It was lovely. Now I'm boiling and I'm grump-grump-grumpy. And I have to bake. That will make me cooler. NOT. And my dance class tonight was not fun. And I just want my kids to go to bed before 10-freakin-30. On Monday nights they always end up staying up really late because of my dance class. GRRR.

Okay... me and my grumpiness are signing off for the night.

No comments: