Monday, June 19, 2006

The good, the bad, the ugly

The good

N (4) started science camp today. Preschool ended on Friday. I enrolled her in science camp for the two-week break she gets before summer preschool starts. I wanted to keep her from getting too bored.

She said didn't want to go to camp, and she clung to me when I took her this morning, but when I picked her up she greeted me with, "I LOVED IT!" Now, tonight, she's saying she doesn't want to go again. I think she's just doing it to get attention.

The best is that I got the coolest necklace. She made it for me with bright beads at camp. I love it!

One more good...

Remember when I felt opressed? Well, I ran into a sympathetic big authority person tonight on the way out of work. He asked what was happening with that project idea. I told him we'd talked with big authority figure and that she felt we needed to do more work, and that we needed a senior level person to lead us.

He said, "Huh?" He asked why I wasn't leading the project. I said I wasn't senior level. He said, "You have plenty of experience and the qualifications. Let's talk to the leadership team." I felt so much better. When big authority figure said we didn't have the qualifications both my colleague and I felt stupid and childish. Getting some positive reinforcement from sympathetic big authority person was nice.

It also turns out another nice important person where I work is interested in our idea and will talk with us in a couple of weeks.

The Bad
I never had time to call my father yesterday on Father's Day. I feel so bad.

My Dad is a great guy. He's a big tough kind of guy. All the boys I ever brought home in high school were scared of him. But he used to iron my shirts when I was in junior high and high school. Is that sweet or what? He also would make me breakfast in the morning. He loves to cook and loves to feed people. He also loves to complain.

The Ugly
Life is just so incredibly crazy and chaotic. I am working on trying to calm it down, and it's probably getting a teeny bit better slowly. The problem is that I'm running out of steam from all the craziness that has been occurring in the last two months.

My new personal motto is, "If it doesn't have caffeine in it, it's not worth drinking." Yea. It's ugly like that.

A colleague and friend is trying to teach me to ask, "How can I help YOU do that?" I usually mess up and ask, "What can I do to help you?"

I've gotta get those two straight!

No comments: