Friday, June 02, 2006

Cute K says...

I just love the learning to talk phase... I love it when you can see a child's personality emerging and when they begin to communicate their understanding of the world. Here are some of K's (2) latest cute sayings that show her conceptualization of the world and what she's like.

*******

I was taking off her pjs this morning and K said, "Cloud jammies Mommy. Don't eat them."

I laughed.

I said, "Wait, I'm not supposed to eat them?"

She said, "Noooooooo Mommy. You don't eat jammies! You eat chocoloate."

I am so busted. I didn't think she saw me eating all that chocolate. Can't pull the wool over her eyes. Smart girl.


*******


K was trying to climb into T's (9.5 months) exersaucer. Her daddy said, "K you're not a baby. Only babies go in the exersaucer."

She replied, " I AM a baby. Daddy, I AM a baby."

Baby when you talk like that it, your argument is not very convincing!


*******


On our trip, K didn't want to swim in the pool because it was "too wet."


*******


When I'm talking to N (4) firmly because she's doing something she's not supposed to be doing, K will look at me and ask, "What did N-N (her nickname for N) do?"

I'll tell K what ever N did and why I'm not happy and then K will look at N and say, "Not good N-N. Not good." K does this with such a serious face it's all I can do not to laugh.


*******


K will often say, "No T___, No! Don't do XXXX." It's pretty cute to see a 2 year old scolding her little sister who is 15 months younger. She's such a good big sister.

No comments: