Friday, June 02, 2006

Finally...

Around 4 pm yesterday I finally consumed enough caffeine and became a human again. I was a mess until then. I actually got a lot accomplished between 4:30 and 6:30 and then again between 9:30 and 11 pm for my work. I sent 42 emails. I am almost caught up on all the things that happened in the week I was gone. Instead of having no plan for this new thing I'm doing, I now have sketched a plan. Yay me.

T (9.5 months) slept until 7:10 this morning and I didn't have to get up 3 times last night so I still feel like a human being this morning. So this sleep thing...

Miss K (2) has started wanting to come into our bed to fall asleep at night. She'll lay beside me while I work on my powerbook and say things like, "Best Friend Mommy," or "Love you so much Mommy." (You can see why I let her come into bed.) She falls asleep pretty quickly and then we move her to her crib. If I don't let her come lay beside me she'll just get in and out of her crib or N's bed until I finally let her under duress. No real problem with her in our bed for 1/2 hour or so except now Miss N (4) who has never slept with us in her whole life has decided she too must be in our bed to fall asleep.

Last night I let Miss N come into our bed for the falling asleep portion. I was very firm and told them both that if they didn't lay still and keep their eyes shut they would be back in their own bed instantly. I was wondering how it would work, but they both feel asleep pretty quickly. I'm not sure I like this, but I also don't want to have to deal with 2 of the 3 little girls popping in and out of their beds and us getting more and more mad. Path of least resistance to sleep. I'm hoping when we get K a new bed she'll sleep in it and this will all magically go away. Am I being delusional again?

No comments: