Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Just a jumble

That's what my life is.

On the positive side of things, I am doing so many things that I am never ever ever ever bored.

On the negative side of things, I am doing so many things that I never ever ever ever get to catch my breath.

I am not sure what to write about today because my head is spinning. Here comes a lot of disjointed thoughts.

T (8 months) woke up twice last night. No happy dance today. We'll hope that tonight is better! (Always the optimist I am.)

I went to work today for 3 hours and never once made it into my own office to do the work I originally thought I could do today.

I went to a 12 pm meeting that got out at 1, but talked with folks about an idea for a new project until 1:30 at which point I was called in for a phone call from 1:30-2 that I'd forgotten about and I was scheduled to be in another meeting too... I went to the other meeting at 2 that I was supposed to have gotten to at 1:30 and tried to leave at 2:30 but was called back and stayed there until 3:15... I missed my other meeting that was supposed to go from 2:30-3 but we rescheduled for tomorrow at lunch. Walking out the door I was stopped by someone else who asked a question that I spent 3 minutes answering and GUESS WHAT??? I was 3 minutes late in picking up N (4) from preschool.

The preschool fines you $5 for being even seconds late. This irks me to no end. If I had just said to the woman, "I've got to go I'm late in picking up my daughter I would have been fine, errr not late and not fined." (Pun not intended it just slipped out of my fingers.)

Oh well.

I'm in a better mood today than yesterday. Yesterday I yelled at my Mom and then at my daughter N. They were both making me mad. It wouldn't have taken much though. My Mom wanted me to do ONE MORE THING. I sort of lost it. I'm already doing 300 things.

N (4) whined that she didn't want to take a bath. Fine we said, then straight to bed. She cried. She finally decided to take a bath. She got ready and walked over to the tub. K (23 months) was already in it and she had bubbles. N started refusing to get in because there were bubbles. I got really upset because this is the kid who begs for bubbles all the time. I yelled at her. She screamed. It wasn't pretty.

In retrospect, I over reacted on both accounts. My husband and I have never had a fight because he and I stay out of each other's way when things are tense. We've never had reason for being tense with each other. (Yea, probably a little weird huh? But he's really an amazing guy... Seriously, sometimes I wonder if I'm not living in some delusional fantasy world where I made him up because he's so much my perfect match. We've also sort of co-evolved into even more of a perfect match over the last 10 years.) My Mom and N don't know how to stay out of the way. They got my wrath yesterday.

To summarize... I have learned that I'm waaaaaaay toooooooo busy. That I'm too scattered. I'm stretched too thin. I'm stressed. I have no patience. I need to cut back, but I don't know where, nor do I really want to cut out anything. The exciting lunch time meeting will most likely lead me down yet another path for being even more busy.

Arrgh!

I have learned a lot, but I'm not sure I can or want to do anything about it... I'm not sure if I should cry HELP. Someone help me! Save me from myself! Or if I should just go with it.


One other thing that is really random... (As if the rest of this post was coherent...)

1. I saw a man today with a lot of facial hair and a BIG GREEN booger was hanging out of his nose in his moustache. EWWW! This is true I swear. I know this guy, but I didn't know what to say/do. I just kind of said "hi" and walked on... What would you have done???

No comments: