Thursday, April 20, 2006

6 Freaky/Weird/Embarrassing things

I'm choosing the "Freakish" theme. It's funny, but the things I write about don't seem that odd to me, but it is my life. I imagine that they might to others. Here we go... I'm pouring my soul out on the Internet. (It's a good thing I love the Internet. See #4)

1. I had the most wonderful cat for 16 years. He was about 18 when he passed in February of 2005. I loved him. He and I had a sort of "psychic" link. I've written about him here, here and some about the link we shared here. I am a very rational person. However, when it comes to my cat, all my rationality goes away. I love that boy. So. Much. Beyond reason.

People told me that when I had children he'd be "just a cat," but he never was. He was always, and forever will be my very very very special kitty. Even though he's gone on to another existence, I think about him multiple times every single day. I don't think I will ever not think about him every day. He has his own website that I made for him. It is very extensive. If you want to see it, email me or leave me a comment with your email.

2. When my husband and I met, we knew pretty quickly that we were made for each other, but being the rational skeptical sort that we are, we kept making sure. We were spending every night together within about a month of meeting, but we waited for 2 years before we got married. Nothing really unusual about the above sentences...The thing that might qualify is that when we met, we had the same exact silverware and identical looking cats.

3. After hanging out for nearly 10 years (10 this October!), my husband and I have never had a fight. This is wonderful, but perhaps a little, you know. It's not if you know my husband. He is totally cool all the time, totally level-headed and completely logical. (Plus he's cute too!) If it were up to me, we'd have had fights. I am not totally cool all the time. Passionate is a good way to describe me. So, I guess this one has an explanation for it, but I'm counting it any way.

4. I have a love of technology and the Internet that might be a bit extreme. I am very passionate about it. I have checked my email in the middle of the night. I get very antsy if I can't check email every few hours every day. Seriously.

I was delighted when T (8 months) was born that the hospital had a wireless network that I could access. Yes, my husband and I were online during labor. Surfing away. Yes, we sent email while I was in labor. Yes, I was online sending email within moments of getting into my actual hospital room (not the birthing suite). Yes, we made the website announcing T's birth within 2 hours. (We are technology geeks over here. My husband loves technology too. We are perfect for each other.)

I kind of think if the Internet hadn't come along and started growing like crazy around '95ish that I would have never ever had a job I liked. I love the Internet.

5. I drink a rather large amount of water and other fluids each day. When I was pregnant I was drinking at least 75 ounces of water (often more), 32 ounces of milk, and usually a cup or two of tea or coffee. Yup, that's a lot of fluid. My body must need it to maintain proper hydration because I don't think I go to the bathroom all that often. I know I go to the bathroom a lot less often than many of my female colleagues.

6. I can pop my hips in and out of joint. I can stand on my toes (lots of dancing in my youth) and pop them all. Both of these things tend to cause the people who are witnessing these things to say, "YOWCH!"


Okay, and now I'm supposed to tag people. Six of them... Yikes!

I tag Colleen, and I would tag Nino but she's been double tagged already and has already answered....

I have just traded emails with a couple of bloggers I've been reading for a while, but I hate to tag them in case they don't want to be tagged, but how about, if we've emailed recently and you want to be tagged, then tag! You can email me and I'll put a link to you in here.

And... how about if any of the other people who read my blog, are tagged. Even if you haven't commented before... I'd love to get to know you too! I've just shared things... Come on and tell me about you! If you don't have your own blog, use a comment and tell me something freakish about you... You can even be anonymous! It'll be fun!

(Perhaps I should have discussed my ability to use !'s in large quantities in posts?)

4 comments:

JK said...

Tee hee, I did use that word a lot... I just took out about 6 freakish/freakys and there are still a lot ....

Anonymous said...

The fact that you reread your post after Nino's comment, edited and still had many "freakishes", now THAT'S freaky! So funny, and yes, very freaky that you and your hubby have never fought--WOW! And the whole internet during labor and all--so funny, very techy, and sorry to say, kind of nerdy! Kidding...sort of! Funny thing as I was reading your post, I misread "cat" for "car". I thought, how could she have driven her kids around in that clunker. Now I'm the freaky one...no, just wierd. I had fun reading this, and I'll have fun writing my own. And, I won't have to let you know when I post it, because, as you just confessed, you're on-line as often as possible and will probably be reading it as soon as I click "publish". Hee hee hee....hope you're not too sensitive to teasing! Then, you'd really be a freak. Ho ho ho, I'm on a roll. Look out! I SWEAR I am not intoxicated, not even a little bit. Yeah, I've probably freaked you out now. I'll shut up.

JK said...

Okay... edited again... I think the word freakish is now used an acceptable number of time... I think there were 7 left when I got done the first time... There are 2 (excluding the title) now.

I do tend to get stuck on words.

RUTH said...

I'm disappointed to have missed all those 'freakish's.