Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cheerier post

Last night T (8 months) slept ALL NIGHT IN HER CRIB!


Happy happy dance.


She cried once at 3-ish and I bolted out of bed. I started racing towards her room and then I heard her quiet down. I stopped and woke myself up enough to think for a second. I realized that maybe she'd go back to sleep without me doing anything. She did. I stood and listened at the monitor and she was snoozing away peacefully after that brief 10 second cry.

I need to remember not to go bolting for her the minute she starts to fuss. It's so hard to remember this when you're asleep and just want to stay asleep. Your sleepy instinct is to grab them and hold them. When I'm fully awake and cognizant, I honestly think at this age (8 months) she wants a little more of her own space. I just need to remember this at 3 am.

No comments: