Monday, April 24, 2006

Thar she blows!

On Monday, a couple of weeks ago, when I had my big presentation / training with the important person, I was away from home for ~11 hours. I didn't take my pump. I was very full when I got home. I could have taken my pump, and I was planning on it, but at the last minute I decided that even if I took it, I probably wouldn't have time to use it and decided that it was silly to lug it along with me. I was right. I was too busy.

Anyway, through the four hour training session I could feel myself filling up with milk. I could literally see the b*reasts getting bigger. At one point, I thought about T, and thought I was going to have a let-down. Fortunately it was during a break and I ran to the bathroom and was able to do the "push on the n*ipple" trick and stop things. (If you don't know this trick, it's a handy one. You put your upper arms over where your b*reasts are and push the nipple to the side. It will usually stop a let-down. That and thinking about baseball (heh).)

Tip section...
One thing, if you are breastfeeding a child that is not your first nurser, you aren't supposed to leak as much as when you did your first child. I noticed much less leaking immediately after K was born. I figured it was just because "the girls" knew what they were doing. I read something about the "sp*hincter muscle in the ni*pple getting in shape." Very interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know that--wondere4d why I'm not leaking this time!