Friday, April 07, 2006

more buzz

Our company is still here. Tonight we're doing a big family dinner kind of thing. There are a few more relatives driving here for dinner too. I'm making a great Italian eggplant dish... The eggplant just melts in your mouth, spaghetti, spinach salad, and carrot cake with very delicious cream cheese frosting. Three of us have been cooking, laughing, and sampling all afternoon. We're stuffed! But we had to taste it all to make sure it was good. We can definitely say that it all is yummy.

Dinner's in about an hour. Hopefully we'll have room to eat a little of the finished product. I forgot how much more fun it is to cook with others. I love to cook, and I'm used to kind of going into a quiet place as I'm chopping and sauteeing, but it is fun to chat and eat while preparing food for a big family dinner.

When I was a kid, I used to love the craziness that went along with big family dinners. As a young adult, I grew to really dislike the chaos, but today has been a lot of fun. Since we don't live near family, I forgot that hanging wih families involves embracing each person's idiosyncrasies. More on that later.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop-in and record some of these thoughts while they were fresh, but dinner is calling. Must go cook!

No comments: