Friday, April 14, 2006

Give me a C! Give me an H!

Give me an E! Okay, I'll stop now, but this post is all about Cheerios! T (almost 8 months) loves them! It's the first food that she's really really liked! We gave them to her last night and she sat in her high chair and ate them for about 20 minutes. I guess I should say she ate them, she dropped them, she shared them with her sisters, and they fed them to her too. She also stuffed them into her mouth and blew raspberries of happiness. It was all very cute.

T hasn't liked any baby foods. She would take a baby teething biscuit and play with it, maybe give it a quick lick, and then drop it. She liked watching them fall. She didn't like baby food apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, rice cereal (made with breastmilk), or yogurt. She did kind of like the oven fries (made from organic potatoes, canola oil and a little salt--what's not to like?), but the cheerios... they were a big hit!

I usually try and wait to give my babies wheat until they are 7.5 months old. When I realized T was there, we went for it (there is wheat in cheerios). We had actually tried sourdough bread the other day (Saturday or Sunday) and she liked it pretty well, but nothing like she liked the cheerios.

Did I mention that the cheerios were a hit?

No comments: