Thursday, April 20, 2006

Grump Grump

My back is killing me today...

Yesterday I had a pre-migraine aura (the kind where you see pretty flashing lights), but fortunately I never got a migraine, but I did feel "off" all day. I went ahead and went to my workout last night and felt great after the endorphins kicked in.

Then my back started hurting (must have done too much) and now today I am in massive pain. I am not sure if I'm up to blogging or if it will just come out all grumpity grumpy.

I call Miss K (23 months) and Miss N (4) my little grump grumps sometimes when they are grumpy and that's how I'm feeling.

Oh, did I tell you I pee'd on a stick* yesterday after the aura? I've had 4 auras prior to the one yesterday. Two were when I was pregnant and 2 were way before the idea of getting pregnant had entered my mind. The 4th aura I had was one of the many signs that I had when I was first pregnant with T (8 months) and I was shocked out of my mind it was all a big pleasant huge surprise... Oh, I am NOT pregnant in case you were wondering. Apparently aura does not equal pregnancy. I should have known, but I was worried yesterday. All is well and three remains the number!

I have been tagged by my friend KJ to tell you 6 weird/embarrassing or freakish things about myself. I'm working on it. KJ and I have been friends for oh my, that number is large a long time. She knows most, if not all, of my embarrassing moments up until she moved to one coast of the country and I moved to the other coast. Despite the distance, and the amount of time we've been apart, she still knows most of my current embarrassing moments. "Before Kids," we chatted on the phone very often. "Since Kids," we trade voice mails and read each others blogs. Someday we might even be able to have a phone conversation again without screaming children in the background....

Oh wait... I drifted off into a fantasy of quiet.... Sorry about that. I'm back now in reality... Anyway, I will soon be back to tell you all about my freakishness, or six things about my freakishness. I'm going to go take some ibuprofen and we'll just hope they work!

To help tie this scattered post together, I will tell you that KJ is the first person I phoned after finding out I was pregnant with T. Her reaction was priceless. See if you can guess what she said.



*With medical science on our side, the chances of me getting pregnant are way less than 1%. (I am however seriously paranoid about pregnancy again because though I'm doing okay most days with 3, four children would do me in. Seriously. The surprise that turned into T was wonderful, but it changed my identity from "subfertile" to being scared of getting pregnant. I am still dealing with this change in identity. )

No comments: