Friday, April 21, 2006

3 more unusual things

Since we're on the subject of things that are not necessarily of the norm, I thought I'd come completely clean and offer three more. (Catharsis is good. I hope you feel as refreshed by this process as I do.)

1. I really love baby carrots and peanut M&Ms eaten together. If you haven't tried this, don't knock it. Back when I was in grad school, studying a complex modeling process, that involved much studying and a study group too (because we didn't understand it well enough to figure it out on our own), we discovered the joy that is baby carrots and peanut M&Ms. The baby carrots were there to munch on as a healthy snack and the M&Ms were there to keep us going when things got tough. Good combination! Really. All 4 of us who worked together agreed. Never a study session without them. We even took them to our final in case we had context-specific memories that they might help trigger.

2. I drive a stick-shift. I don't want a mini-van because I don't want to give up the stick-shift. I fear my left foot would get bored if I had to drive an automatic. The last time I had my car valet parked (at that conference for work about a week ago), I asked the valet guy if he was surprised to see a stick-shift. He said yes, you don't see many of those, but what was more surprising was that a woman was driving one.

3. I don't look like a geek, in fact, I can pass as not one in many circles, but I am one. I am a dancer, was a dance-team kind of girl in high school, but I am also a geek. I am a bit of a paradox. Given #1 in this post and #4 in the previous one you might have suspected my geekiness, but I will confirm it so you don't have to wonder. I don't have a pocket protector though.

No comments: