Saturday, March 25, 2006

More Random Things--I blame work

Someday I might have time to write a post that is more than just random points, but I don't know when. I'm in the midst of writing 2 things for work, and though I’m not writing the great American Novel, I am still distracted. I should be working on one of them right now, but I want to record some of our activities for posterity.

I forgot to write about going to our Children's Discovery Museum last weekend. It was a lot of fun. Since March is "National Nutrition Month" (I can't find a good link that I think will stay around), they had displays about food and people dressed as different food items.

One of the types of food that was "walking around," was a baked potato. It looked similar to Mr. Potato Head and this thrilled K (22 months). Though she was a little scared of the big potato at the time, she's been talking about it ever since. She wants to go see Mr. Potato Head again. We had to get out our Mr. Potato Head toy and she's played with it everyday this week.

In case you were wondering, Mr. Potato Head seems to be a hit with the 2-year old crowd. N got him for her 2nd birthday. I freaked when we opened it... It advertised 28 parts! I was not excited about a toy with 28 small-ish parts, but N did great with it. We still have almost all 28 pieces too. Probably if I looked around a little I would find all of the pieces pretty easily. Anyway, N loved it two years ago and now K (not quite 2) loves it and is really good with it too. The cutest thing was the other morning when they played with him together for about 10 minutes with no screaming. I was amazed! I even took video! (So there's an idea for you just in case you're looking for birthday gift ideas for 2 year olds.)

Speaking of video... I took a ton of video today. Someday I'll have time to get it all edited... I figure, if nothing else, it's my project for when the girls go off to college. Speaking of college, I started thinking about the girls growing up and going away and I just can't even fathom it. Granted they won't start college for another 14 - 18 years, but still.... Heck, they haven't even started kindergarten yet. But, when the time comes, I will be so sad. I think I'll have to go with them. I hope they like me enough to want me to go. I'll even be the designated driver. When I think about my college years, I just can't imagine my little girls going off to school. And I was a good girl. Really. Very mild. A little craziness, but not a lot. But those are stories for another day.

What else...

Today we took the girls with us to a BIG hardware store to look at new doors, floor ideas, trim and other things for our upcoming remodel. We put K (22 months) and T (7 months) together in the double stroller and N in the single umbrella stroller. My husband was worried about taking all 3, but they did pretty well. We usually divide and conquer and have one person take 2 and one take 1 on errands. It just works out better that way, but we're trying to do more stuff together as a family of 5. I can't believe we're a family of 5... 6 if you count our kitty.

After we got home K (22 months) and T (7 months) each took a 3 hour nap. AT! THE! SAME! TIME! It just doesn't get much better than that. We're hoping K will sleep longer tonight too (sleep begets sleep).

I think I should probably go re-read bits of that book. T still prefers to sleep with us. That is okay, but I would love to have her start the night in her own crib and then join us instead of spending the entire night with us. But, actually, whatever. As long as she sleeps and I sleep, I don't really care where everyone sleeps. I think she's actually working on some more teeth and that's why she really wants to be with me all the time. Ask me in a week what she's doing and I'm sure it will be completely different. That's the thing about babies, in their first year they change constantly! It really is an amazing thing to behold.

Whew, this turned into a lot longer of a post than I expected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lily loves Ms. Potato Head, which is what we have.