Saturday, February 18, 2006

Plateau

The scale hasn't moved down since last week, but I'm okay with that. When I am over this cold, I have no doubt I will weigh a pound or two less, because that is how much snot is stuffed up in my nose and ears right now. Yes, it's gross. It's not a terrible cold in terms of colds, but it is a stuffy one. I can see how it turned into an ear infection for K (21 months) and T (6 months).

Oh, yes, that's right, I forgot to write about T's doctor appointment yesterday. She has two infected ears. She is now on antibiotics too. I feel like a bad mother because I failed to keep my children well enough to avoid antibiotics. We eat a very balanced diet. I breastfeed them both, try to make sure they get plenty of sleep, and yet, they ended up with ear infections. I'm sad. The doctor who saw T said she looked great, and then she looked in her ears and said, "Oh." The doctor said that two ear infections a year for each child is average. She was trying to make me feel better.

Anyway, my ears are so stuffy that the world is a much quieter place. That's kind of nice, but I look forward to being able to hear again. The good news is that T slept through the night last night in bed. After the last two nights of me being with her in the rocking chair this was a very welcome change. I'm still tired though.

T is getting very close to crawling. She goes backwards. More soon. We have out of town visitors (my husband's parents) and even though they are out touring around with my husband I should probably get some stuff done and not just blog right now. Or maybe I should take a nap.

No comments: