Friday, February 17, 2006

Still More Germs...

Just when you think it's safe to blow your nose again....

2/16
I have gotten the cold. My husband has the start too. I'm hopeful that it's fairly mild. I've got a fairly stuffy head. My ears are off-balance. I hate that! T (almost 6 months) is having coughing fits. So sad. I had to sleep with her in the rocking chair most of the night so that she could feel more comfortable. Our rocker is comfortable, but not as comfortable as our bed. Oh well, at least it was not the hotel bathroom like when K was sick.

K is getting better... After looking at the factors to determine antibiotic use, I decided to that it did make sense to give them to her. If it had been summer, and if she were over 2, I might have decided not to do it. I'm sad we have to do antibiotics, but at least she's 21 months and we made it that long with her with no need for them. N (4) has not had any yet and I hope it remains that way for a while.

After the last two nights of K coming in and nursing and then throwing up all the milk cause she was coughing so hard, I do think I made the right decision. The doctor said as her ears got better the coughing would too. However, I was thinking of changing this blog's tagline to "All throw-up all the time."

2/17
I am sicker. Could it be because I spent most of the night in the rocking chair again? Two nights in a row isn't good for me. T is in some pain and I decided I'd take her in today to get her ears checked. I'm hopeful it's just pressure in her head and not an ear infection, but I want to know. Since it's Friday I want to go in before the weekend. She has her 6 month check-up on Wednesday so it's kind of silly to go in today, but Wednesday is a lifetime away if you think about sleeping in the rocking chair until then. We're not seeing T's regular doctor today so we can't do the check-up today.

My glands are swollen and my head is very stuffy. I hope I feel better after some coffee. Miss N is whining (fake whining) and I'm about to tape her mouth shut (not really, but the fake whining! It drives me crazy!). Okay, a short time-out just reset her and life is better now. Off to a steamy shower for me in hopes that it will help my head.

No comments: