Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Random X

I. N has started saying, "Mommy/Daddy, you're the best." She'll say this when she wants something, but she'll also say it when she is happy with something we've done. It's very sweet when she does the latter.

II. N told me today that she is "all the way 4." I agreed.

III. T (4.5 months) almost has a second tooth. You can also see the outlines of the top two teeth right under the gums on top. She is doing pretty well and being very good considering how many teeth she is getting.

IV. Because of the craziness of 3, I've had to give up caring whether N's socks match her outfit or not. She usually dresses herself. I lay out clothes for her, but sometimes she'll modify the outfit. I used to have time to care, and time to rememdy the situation. Now I don't. I've mostly switched to all white socks for her, but we still have some pink and purple ones and she will wear them with many other colors.

V. I'm no longer able to keep up with all of the laundry, nor am I able to keep all the toys picked up now. I look back at some of the pictures from when it was just N and I had all the toys organized and put away most of the time--except for the few she was playing with at the moment. The house just looks so neat and clean in those pictures from 2-4 years ago. I just can't believe how many toys we have now. Wall-to-wall toys, the latest in decorating.

VI. We had gymnastics again today and again K (20 months) was fearless and it was so much fun. I'm working on getting her to slow down and concentrate on what she is doing. She was trying to go too fast on the balance beam and I told her to concentrate and she looked down and watched her feet and did well. So cute!

VII. My back was feeling better over the weekend. It barely hurt! Today it is a little sore. I'm guessing it is sore because of my dance class last night. I am making myself get a massage and go to the chiropractor every week until I am pain-free. Yea, it sounds funny to say making myself get a massage, but what I usually do is go until I feel a little better and then stop going because I don't have enough time. If I want to get better, I need to keep going until it really really is better. Not just a little better.

VIII. My mom (80) just learned about blogs. My nephew has one. She reads it. I haven't seen his blog yet. He wants to be a journalist, so it makes sense that he would have one. My mom doesn't know about my blog. She would read this and then ask me questions about the entries. I would not like that. I wish I could share this with her, but then I couldn't write all the things I want to write... (not that I have the time).

IX. I wish my mom would "love me for who I am, not what she wants me to be." That's a paraphrased line from one of Charlotte Diamond's songs. (I enjoy the Charlotte Diamond songs and so do the girls. I find them not annoying children songs.) Though I know my mom is proud of me and my accomplishments, I'm know she wishes I had some different qualities. I'll get into that later. (I have so many things I want to write about, but no time!)

X. One last thing to end this random post. When N was younger, we offered to let her take books with her to bed. She did not want to do that. She gave us a look like that is just wrong. K loves to take books to bed with her. They are so similar in many ways and so different!

No comments: