Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A message I would like to hear

Today, I dialed a number from my cell phone and I heard,

"Neeer Neeer Neeer (the three little tones when you dial a disconnected number). We're sorry, the number you are trying to reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this message by mistake, please try again." (Or something really close to that.)

No, it hasn't been disconnected. It is in service. I dialed correctly (I can look right on the screen and see what I dialed.)

The message I would have liked to have heard,

"We're sorry, but our networks are inadequate even though we charge you a great deal of money each month. Because we are so lame, our network could not pick up the number you dialed and parse it correctly, so we can't connect you right now. We are sorry we suck so much, but we do. It's just a fact of life. We realize you live in a major metropolitan area, and we realize we shouldn't suck so much, but really all we care about is profit, not providing a good service."

No comments: