Wednesday, January 11, 2006

N's doctor visit

I think I might have mentioned that we go to the doctor every month for checks-up because of the way the birthdays fall. Today it was N's turn. As we were driving there she asked, "Am I going to get a shot today?" I thought for a second and I said, "Let's wait and ask the doctor if you need one."

Apparently this was the right answer because N just said, "Okay, that's a good idea."

A few minutes later she said, "I think the doctor will say I don't need any shots today."

I replied, "But what if she says you do?"

N replied, "Well, as long as she gives me a band-aid, it will be okay."

Wow.

Indeed, that is what happened when we got to the doctor's office. We did the check-up and then N asked. The doctor said one shot, and N asked if she could get a band-aid. The doctor said, "Of course."

The doctor left the room and N asked me where she would get the shot. I said her arm. She rolled up her sleeve and asked, "here?"

I said, "Most likely a little higher."

She rolled up her sleeve to her shoulder. "Here?" She pointed to her upper arm.

I said, "Yup, probably there."

She said, "Okay."

The nurse came in, gave her the shot. N didn't cry! She was so good. The nurse asked if she wanted a lollipop. N said, "No thanks, my Mommy is going to get me a different treat in a minute." What kind of kid turns down a lollipop? I asked N if she wanted the lollipop from the nurse for later. She replied, "No thanks one treat is enough."

My little girl is so big! I was so proud of her. She's 41 inches tall (but we think that she is closer to 42) and 41 pounds (fully clothed). She's long, lean, and muscular. She's definitely right on for all of the milestones for a 4 year old or a little ahead. She's a great kid... I can't believe she's not a baby anymore. She was my first baby. I've learned so much from her.

No comments: