Friday, January 13, 2006

Annoyed

Okay... I'm busy... I have 3 little ones... I work... I also work really hard to not be late and to remember meetings. I put them in my cell phone calendar and set an alarm. I usually set the alarm for 1 hour before the meeting to remind me in case I forget. With 1 hour notice I can either get to work, or get home and get online (since a lot of my meetings are virtual ones).

I had a meeting that was supposed to start 12 minutes ago... I'm online and have been trying to get the person's attention (in IM) for the last 12 minutes. He's not responding. I am annoyed. My alarm to remind me of this meeting went off at noon... I did my errand and got home and logged in so I could be online at 1. He's not responding.

There is the slight chance that he and I did the "timezone thing" wrong, but both he and I are good at timezones. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's now 16 minutes late and I have a baby laying on the gymini who isn't going to give me much more than 1/2 hour.

Remember back when you were in college? If the prof didn't show up for class? You had to wait 10 minutes if they weren't a Ph.D. and 15 if they were. He and I are both Ph.D.s so how long do I have to wait? I think the baby's schedule will dictate that. (He's 18 minutes late now.)

Should I tell him to get an alarm reminder?

And the worst part is that I feel guilty... I wonder if I screwed up somehow, but I don't think I did.

No comments: