Saturday, December 17, 2005

Sappy Thoughts Part Deux

Tonight the little girls (N--almost 4 & K--19 months) were playing up in their bedroom with their dad. They were giggling and running around and just being silly. As I walked up the stairs and heard them, their giggles made my heart melt. I am so glad I have my little ones. They are so cute and funny and I am very lucky. I am also so glad they have each other. When I was a kid, about 8 or 9, I remember feeling very wistful. I wanted a sibling. I actually have siblings, but they are significantly older than me so we never had that closeness of siblings who grow up together. They weren't around 24/7. In fact, by the time I was 8 or 9, they had their own families. I was an aunt. I'm closer in age to one niece and 2 of my nephews than I am to my siblings. I never got a chance to fight with my siblings or wake up and giggle with them.

These 3 are so close in age (just 3 years 7 months difference in the oldest and the youngest) and I hope they have a wonderful time growing up. I have a friend who has 2 sisters, also close in age, and she said that she had the best time growing up and that they are all still best friends. I hope these 3 will say that when they are older.

As N & K were going to bed, they were kissing little T (almost 4 months!). It was so cute. Then they would kiss each other and me. So dang cute. I wish I could capture the sweetness and bottle it up. Writing it down does little justice, but at least I'll remember it and I hope I can relive the memory.

No comments: