Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's raining

It's really raining here today. It's the first real rain of the season. There's a lot of water and it's coming down fast. It's also very windy. A great stormy day. A perfect day to sit inside with a computer in my lap and a sleeping baby laying beside me. However, as soon as the baby wakes up she's eating and then she's going in the car seat so that we can get out of here.

I'm feeling stressed, depressed, and overwhelmed. Did I mention tired? My back hurts. I am working on a post about my back because it is so bad right now. I woke up this morning with a headache. The headache is either from my screwed up back or my stress level.

I read about how breastfeeding is found to be associated with lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol. If that's true, then I'm really glad I'm breastfeeding. Because I'm about ready to explode from all the stress. Perhaps if I weren't breastfeeding I already would have exploded. I blame my significant stress on issues #1 and #4 (post from yesterday).

So today is not what I would call a good day. In the scheme of things, it's not that bad. I always feel bad complaining. I am fortunate to know that all of my stress is situational (3 little ones, nanny issues, a very screwed up back, and 2 new small projects at work) and not deep seated nor rooted in issues that I have yet to uncover. I am even more fortunate that the baby is sleeping right now. I am just overwhelmed, but it will get better.

(Edited to add... I also realized that it's December 1st....I'm sure that's contributing to my stress....The holiday season is always stressful to me.)

No comments: