Friday, December 02, 2005

File under, not related to the kids at all, but very very very cool.

Today, I was at work for 2 hours. I was sitting at my desk and my phone rang. I pick it up.

"This is J_____." I say as I answer.

Woman's voice says, "C_____________ is calling. Will you hold for a moment?"

For those of you who don't know, C_____________ is the President and CEO of the place where I work. The place where I work is not small... It's very well respected all over the world. C_____________ is a very impressive man. I wish I could tell you more about his accomplishments, the boards he sits on, who he has advised, and him but I don't want to say too much. I'm completely blown away that he's calling me.

I say as calmly as I can muster, "Sure, I'll hold."

It turns out C_____________ is calling me because he's writing a book, and is using some information I've sent him and he wants to get a more specific example to go along with it.

Wow. He wants more stuff from me. Wow.... My work is going to be referenced in his book! Wow. I'm so honored that it's kind of ridiculous! WOW!

(Maybe I should have called this the post in which I say "Wow" too much and use too many exclamation points!)

No comments: