Tuesday, December 13, 2005

12 more naps

N is very excited about Christmas. She keeps asking if tomorrow Christmas. "No," we tell her, "You have 12 more naps till Christmas." (She calls going to sleep at night a nap.)

I have much to do in the interim days. My husband and I don't exchange gifts, cause it seems silly. (We usually sit down and say what we're getting for each other ... this year, it's a house remodel on our new house (which was our anniversary present).) However, I think it's important that the girls give us a present. I want the girls to learn that giving is part of the Christmas holiday. It's not just all about receiving. Of course, the only one who is really old enough to get this concept is N. This means that N and I will go buy something for Daddy and vice-versa. He and I have made our lists for the girls and now we have to find the time to take N out and go shopping with her. Or we could just go when we have time with out her and implant false memories of Christmas shopping... Hmmmm... I kind of like that idea (just kidding!).

I think I want to get K some new puzzles for Christmas. In the last month she has gotten really good at puzzles and loves them! It's very cute. She'll grab you by the hand and say, "Puhzle." She's really starting to talk now. I regularly hear 2-word sentences from her. I lost track of how many words she says a few months ago.

Anyway... 12 more naps... I've still got a lot to do.

Tomorrow is N's Holiday show at Preschool. I'm so excited.

No comments: