Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer: Week 5

The lazy summer continues!  oNe's arm is almost healed!  It's been 4 weeks already!  Whoa, that went too fast.  (I'm so glad I'm doing these weekly blog posts... It'd all be a massive blur if I hadn't.)

Today, Three-a had a show at the dance camp she went to this week.  Our original plan was to drop oNe off for a play date before twoK and I went to get Three-a.  oNe was sad when I told her that as she wanted to see Three-a's show.  How sweet is that?  Needless to say, we re-arranged and oNe went to her play date after the show.

Earlier this week, I went down to [Big City] for 2 days and one night and met my new students for this year.  Starting a new year is always so weird.  OLU does orientation in a good way.  It puts students who have just completed their first year in charge of the orientation for the new students. The students from the previous year "KNOW" what the new students need; the students who have completed the first year are patient, kind, and survivors.  It's brilliant because the professors don't  have to answer the same questions year after year.  (You get tired of the same questions over and over again.)

twoK is at sewing camp and has really learned a lot in two weeks.  Go see the other blog to see what all she's done!  I'm so impressed.

Tomorrow we need to finalize our bathroom cabinets order for the new house.  Then we wait 5-6 weeks for them.  Given that, I'd guess we're about 2 months out from moving.  I hope we can move in October.  Of course, I'd originally hoped we could move RIGHT NOW, but we'll not dwell on that. I'm excited that installation on the new wood floor started this week!!!  Woo!

After cabinets are ordered, I need to think about paint!  I like thinking about paint much more than I like thinking about tile for bathrooms and cabinets.  (Paint is EASY to change and pretty cheap if you get it wrong... tile not so much.)  Then I have to think about new beds for the girls (we've almost picked them out) but I have to order them.  Six years ago, we got this bed (read the post and click the link).  It's been a super bed for 3 little girls, but they are growing up and we're going to get 3 loft beds with desks underneath them.  A good friend is going to take the house bed. Super fun!  I hope her kids enjoy it as much as the girls did.

Okay... time to go get twoK at camp.  


p.s. driving to two different camps each day sucks.





No comments: