Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer: Week 4

The word of the week was individual.

Last week, I didn't send everyone to the same camp.  I've always picked camps where they could all attend (well, since Three-a was old enough).  They all went to the same place partly because of logistics; it's hard to do multiple pick-ups and drop-offs at the same time.  I also liked the safety in number of all of them being together somewhere (without me) to watch over each other.  The final reason was they would cry "life is unfair" if someone got to do something that another didn't.  Even if they didn't want to do it, they complained about not getting to do it.

We're reaching a new stage where some little girls don't want to do things and do want to do certain other things.  This new stage is pretty cool--except for the logistics of drop-offs and pick-ups.

twoK went to sewing camp last week.  She made some super cool things.  If you want to see them, go to the other blog (uh, soon, they aren't up there yet).  oNe and Three-a stayed home.  This coming week, Three-a is going to dance camp and twoK is going back to sewing camp.  oNe is staying home.  oNe is more of a homebody than her sisters.  She wants to not go to camp, she's taking an extra dance class each week and gosh darn it, because of those things, it's fair (that she's not going to camp).  I'm documenting it here so that, in the future, if there are any questions, I have an answer.

What else did we do last week?  I don't remember.  We went to the library, had a couple of play dates, and I'm getting ready for my class this fall.  We all had to get up early for twoK's camp and we were tired.  I don't know what we'll do when we have to go to school in the fall.  Mornings suck!*  Oh!  One day, a friend of oNe's came over.  The girls built boats out of cardboard.  I got a treadmill and they box was huge.  They had a blast constructing a huge sailing fleet.  (We also had some other large boxes laying around.)  Super fun!

The days are lazy but they are going by fast.



*MWH and I are staying up too late at night watching Heroes.  It's a super fun series that we missed when it was out in first run.  Now it's great because we can watch multiple episodes in one night.  (They always end with such a cliff-hanger... Last night, we watched until 1:15 am.  Oops.)

No comments: