Friday, January 16, 2009

timely

On Wednesday, I went to my annual doctor's visit. I have to go get a mammogram in honor of my upcoming birthday. I have to remember to do it because it is important screening. I wish Dad would have gone to the doctor more. I will do the mammogram for my girls.

I also need to get a fasting blood draw to check cholesterol and glucose... I had a slip for this blood work last year and I FAILED to go to the lab in more than one year. I kind of suck for that. I am my Dad's daughter in many ways.

Today, my blood pressure was 122/74, not bad considering the last week of stress, and my weight was 8 pounds less than it was when I went to the doctor in November, 2007. According to the doctor, I'm only 10-11 pounds more than the weight on my driver's license (a weight I was back in high school). This is pretty amazing considering I haven't been this close to that weight since my wedding. (I didn't try to lose weight before the wedding, but it happened because I stop eating when I get busy and stressed ... even good stress gets to me this way. I think I might have been within 8 pounds of my driver's license weight before the wedding.)

What else... Oh, just to have it in the same place, my doctor has down that I lost 7 pounds in the year of 2006-2007. If you add it up, I've lost 15 pounds in two years. Boy, I am the world's slowest loser of weight, but remember, I do NOT diet. I love to eat, and I eat lot, but I do exercise a lot too.

No comments: