Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Have you ever noticed?

Have you ever noticed how my posts are often light and fluffy? When I'm overwhelmed, that's what I do. I make the equivalent of blog meringue.

I was working on a long post about the remodel, but then I got overwhelmed by it all and had to abandon it for now. I hope to finish it and share with you soon. Things are happening. I can tell you that our new floor is laid! It's not finished, but it's in and it needs to lay there and shrink/swell/acclimate for about 3 weeks before it gets finished. I do love it. I am excited to see the floor all done. And then I'll gaze at it fondly.

I really really really want to move to our house that is being remodeled. I am hopeful that we can make it in by the week of Thanksgiving or 12/1. My husband (MWH) is trying to prepare me for the possibility that we might not be done, but I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and singing "La-La-La-La" very loud whenever he tries to tell me that. I really really really want to get settled.


**********************

I had my doctor's visit today. My doctor was wonderful to see. I totally heart her.

My official weight, with clothes on, 1 year and 2 months post-partum, but while still breastfeeding 2 was recorded at 1X5. It was actually 1X4.5, but the nurse rounded up. I would have rounded down. I'm nice like that.

All things considered, I really can't complain about my weight or my body. I'm still 5-10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight (pre from before N) but a) most of my weight is in my b*o*o*bs (cause of the breastfeeding thing), and my thighs are already smaller than they were before kids. I know that I won't lose all the weight until I stop breastfeeding so I've decided NOT to worry about it any more.

I have started a slight "weaning" process with K (29 months). I am now telling her she can only nurse for 5 minutes (or less) when we start a nursing session. And then I'll do, "just 4 more minutes, and etc. during the session.

She hasn't asked to nurse the last two nights, but has in the mornings. I am hopeful that she will wean before kindergarten, and I am starting to encourage it, but I don't want to force it if she's just not ready.

(Begin PSA)

One thing I learned today in my appointment is that they (the practice my doctor is in) are now doing HPV screenings on all women. I haven't done all my research yet to understand fully understand HPV and cervical cancer, but I am reading and mostly understand it.... But, the good thing is if a woman tests negative for HPV then they don't have to have an annual pap (oh, but they are so much fun! NOT). If a woman over 30 is negative, and in a monogamous relationship, then the schedule changes from yearly paps to one every 3 years.

(End PSA)


**********************

Okay... Should sleep now. Like my friend Nino, I am tired too.

Nitey-night.

No comments: