Tuesday, July 01, 2008

July

How can it possibly be July????

How?

Stuff is occurring. After some drama and stress, we found out we didn't get this project. I think we're a little relieved that we didn't have to fight for what we wanted. You see, since my supervisor left, and it was his project originally, and since the core team wanted him involved, but others (the higher-ups) where we work didn't want him involved, it could have been ugly (TM) to make things work well and try to make everyone sort of happy.*

I am a little sad that we didn't get the project, but ultimately it might be good. We can try for it again this fall and we should still have a good chance.** In addition, we can set it up so that everyone agrees to the conditions before it gets started and when people agree before-hand, instead of after things have occurred, it tends to go better.




Other stuff...

I'm talking to OLU about teaching this fall. It actually sounds like it might be a good opportunity for me. They will help me and support me during the ramp up process. They will pay me pitifully, but there might be more opportunity to do it again in the future as a more permanent faculty member (which also means higher pay).

If I do it in the fall, it will be a LOT of work. It is something I've always wanted to do. I am torn. I will talk with some colleagues this weekend and think about it more.




I powerwashed about 1/3 of our large deck in an hour. I still have 2/3s to go and another deck about 1/2 the size. MWH and I are painting the table too. Yay.




I kind of feel like I've lost my, um, groove. I just feel exhausted, tired, and not like myself. Is it my back hurting that is making me feel bleh, or do I am I just trying to find a good summer routine, or what?

I don't like how I feel right now.





Remind me to tell you all about swim lessons for the little girls!



*One nice thing occurred. The higher-ups were told by an outsider how CRUCIAL former supervisor is/was to the project and the higher-ups seemed a little surprised. They shouldn't be surprised. former supervisor is brilliant and higher-ups took him for-granted.

**Initially, it was very well received. We are thrilled.

No comments: