Sunday, July 01, 2007

Cause--Effect

I love my K girl (3). She's my sweet snuggly girl. She's also SGR girl and that's hard. She's smart and she's got opinions--very definite opinions. She doesn't like to sleep much. She doesn't eat very well. I often lose my patience with her.

I was talking with my boss about K, and the challenges she brings, and he raised an interesting point. He didn't say this exactly, but after thinking about our conversation, this is what I've gleaned from it. If I view her as difficult, I may turn her into a more difficult child.

He's a wise man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my Elle. And your co-worker sounds like a very wise man indeed.

Anonymous said...

Second born syndrome?? That is Lauren as well! I do think it's extremely important to watch what you say around 'difficult children', really any kids for that matter. Your boss hit the nail on the head!

JK said...

Even if I never "say" things about her being difficult... just if I view her as difficult, it could affect the way I interact with her. It's true.

I work with this woman and I call her a saint because she can always find something good in people and they always respond positively to her. No matter who they are, they work really hard for her and do really well ... She is wonderful.