Thursday, May 02, 2019

May

I looked at the last post as I came to write this one and the pain of losing THB came rushing back. A quick update -- right after, his people and his brother cat who was his littermate, was very sad. I think the brother cat is doing better now. The brother is twoK's cat, and I've never given him a nickname here, but from here on he'll be talking-cat because he meows a lot. He tried snuggling with our other kitty, aka B-cat (oNe's cat), but B-cat is not a snuggly one. B-cat and talking-cat play and have fun hanging out, and twoK's cat snuggles with twoK and me a lot.

We miss THB. Three-a, she was THB's girl, is ready for a new kitty. (Side note, talking-cat just came down the stairs to find me and meow at me.) We have started looking. I still have lots of worries about getting a new kitty and upsetting the household balance. A new kitty is lots of fun, and we're ready, but yikes! I'm also wondering, do we do two kitties or one? I would love siblings again. We'll know when we find the right cat(s).

What else... Oh, we'll be having a crazy summer adventure. I don't think I wrote about that. twoK was selected for a tremendous ballet experience this summer. We'll be traveling quite a bit. I'll blog more about it after the fact. (That's the policy around here, write about travel afterwards.)

 oNe is starting the college application roller coaster. She'll be a SENIOR this coming school year. How did that happen? How is it possible that yesterday marked 18 years ago since the day with two lines?  How have I been blogging here for almost 13 years? (Does making a post every quarter count as blogging?)

Other stuff... Work is eh... Not meh, and there are really fun times and then times I wonder why I'm doing it. I could see changing things up in a little while, or not. It kind of depends on what else happens (with my bestest colleague and potential new projects). I'll figure it out. Not worried about it, but wow, no one tells you how much you think about if you're happy or not with your work when you're younger.

 MWH seems like he's always pretty happy with work. He has a colleague who, um, if something can go wrong, it will for this guy. He's doing well, and you don't need to worry about him, but he makes MWH's life at work more *exciting*. MWH isn't a super fan of excitement... and yet, he has me and 3 girls... (who aren't so little any more). MWH, we love you.  (I wrote a little before about how MWH and I both find working out to be super important to keep us in balance, but I don't think I ever recorded that we go to a workout class together on Sunday mornings. I love that. XOXO, MWH.)

No comments: