Monday, December 26, 2016

Thoughts as the girls get older...

Friend:
            We are winding down for the day. Mom and dad are exhausted. How have you survived with 3?? 

Anyway hope you had a merry Christmas. 


Me:
            When the youngest hits 3 it gets easier. And we are still having a blast with them.

            Teenage years are significantly better than toddler years.  I have the best book recommendation. It's called "untangled" it's about girls growing up. I highly recommend it.

Friend:
            Well about 2 more years until we all are three and over... which will coincide with the milestone I'm really looking forward to.... no more diapers!


Me:
            No more diapers was HUGE.  The good news for us was that T (#3) potty trained herself ‘cause she was all about being a big kid!

Friend:
            I dislike nothing more than diapers and car seats. Ugh. 

Me:
            At some point they all strap themselves in the car seat.
            When I look back, I don’t even know how I got all 3 dressed, all their stuff for the day, and them into the car ….
            CRAZY


Friend:
            It is an act of god when we make it out of the house. 


Me:
            now I just say, we’re leaving in 5 minutes and you need a water bottle, snacks, and whatever you want to do to amuse yourself.
            It’s awesome
            (Been saying this probably since T (youngest) was probably 5… The youngest learns so much the older ones.)


Friend:
            Oh yeah. For sure. 

Me:
            Back when T was in kinder, she had to remember her hw, her kinder bag all by herself ‘cause I couldn’t remember any of it… I did so much for N (oldest).
            T is very responsible.
            N is too now, but I still do more for her than the others…. just ‘cause she’s the oldest
            and her personality… she likes to work with me
            She just wrote an essay for To Kill a Mockingbird and she wanted to have nightly chats about it.  It was super fun and sweet.
            (She = N for To Kill a mockingbird)

Friend:
            We do a ton for S (#1) as well. She does not like doing much by her self. 

L (#2) on the other hand enjoys her alone time. 
            Super fun. Can't wait. 

Me:
            K (#2) is so independent
            She likes her alone time too… and with her, she won’t let me help on her homework… AT ALL… I tell her if she gets As, I won’t intervene… If she ever falls lower than that, she gets to sit with me and work with me

            It totally motivates her.  This year, we had to intervene with Algebra 1….  She was getting a …. She pulled it up to a by the end of the trimester… She *almost* got an .

No comments: