Monday, September 16, 2013

two years...

It's been two years since my Mom died.

Apparently it's also the birthday of of my good friend's (who died) husband. He's my friend in Facebook, and while I don't want to unfriend him, I don't often go see his FB page. He's happily remarried and it's so weird to see pictures of his (and my friend's) little girl. She looks so much like her mama.

So anyway, remembering my Mom and looking at those pictures pushed me over the edge. I thought I'd do okay today, but the double-whammy really got me. (I wonder if this happened last year. If it did, I didn't blog about it.) I don't remember what I did last year, but I do remember it sucked.

I remember when I was little, my Mom telling me when it was the anniversary of the day her mother died. I remember being sad that my Mom was sad, but I didn't know how to react 'cause I didn't ever meet her Mom; she died 15 years before I was born.

Yea, that was random.

Death is hard on the people who are left. The people who haven't yet come along, and the people who died, not so much. At least that's my take on it.

Okay... I'm ending this not-so-cheery post. Here's hoping my dance class will cheer me up tonight.

No comments: