Monday, May 06, 2013

Two things

Wow, I didn't post anything here in April. I was busy with my class ending and the girls having a week off of school. I have a small break as a project new project ramps up. I have one little project I should work on, but right now, I'm going to blog. I need to enjoy this time because soon I will be very busy.

So the two things I was going to talk to you about was 1, friends (two issues), and 2, the new house. Humor me as I vent...(this is a blog after all).

I have two friends who are bugging me. One of the friends is only slightly annoying, and the other is really annoying. The first friend is nice enough, but everything is about her and her world. I'm fine to listen and discuss her issues 95% of the time, but 5% of the time I have things I would like to discuss, too. (Unrelated, I used to have this friend, and when ever I would talk to her, it would always turn back to me because she would direct the questions at me. I always tried to get her to talk about herself, but she wanted to talk about me--that was a little odd, too.) With this friend, who is always needing my input, I have to literally say, hey wait, can't we talk about X? I'm experiencing this and need your thoughts. When I ask, she'll usually oblige, but not always. Any suggestions?

The second friend issue involves a woman who I really like, but I really dislike her parenting. Her kids are the biggest brats. They are rude. They talk back, they do bad things, sometimes even dangerous things, and she never corrects them, ever.

I'm still seething over my last experience with them. (They were guests at the pool where we are members. They (her kids), for some reason, didn't want my kids to be at OUR club. They said, "Why are they here?" in a loud voice in front of my kids. The Mom didn't say anything.) I like the Mom when she's not around her kids, but I have decided I can't be her friend nor can I hang out with her and her children. When my children hang out with her children they are more poorly behaved. Have you ever experienced this?

The second big topic, the new house. We were going to move last summer, but there were issues with the house. They are still not quite resolved, but almost. The house is going to be fabulous when we move. I'm not complaining, but I do wish we were done with the remodel. I'm getting antsy to move. Remodels take a lot of extra thinking and time and money. Moving is a pain and life will be crazy. That's it on the second topic, but more will come as twoK doesn't want to move and we'll have to work through that.

An now a bonus subject, the 3 little girls...The girls are good and I should do and update on them and what they are like now, but I have "the other blog" and I record what we're doing over there. Here's a brief update for here. twok is almost 9. We just celebrated her birthday on Saturday. We'll do something on the day of her birthday, but I'm not sure what. Three-a is loving softball. oNe is quite the little dancer and I'm having a blast dancing with her too. Next year, I'll start taking a ballet class with twoK. I started an adult ballet class after not having danced ballet for about 15 years. I was SORE. It's fun. I am also planning to start horseback riding lessons, too. The girls of been taking horse all year and they've learned a lot; now it's my turn. I have fantasies of someday leasing or owning a horse. MWH is okay with the leasing idea (maybe), but not the owning. He's probably right--owning is a bit extreme.

I think that's all for now. I guess at this rate I'll see you in a couple of months.

No comments: