Thursday, June 21, 2012

How embarrassing...

Blogger's new input box for posts puts me in "HTML" mode by default.  If I don't notice and if I don't stick in HTML breaks then I get a big box of text... Like yesterday.  Sorry about that!  Today should be better.

So I never wrote about moving?  MWH found a wonderful house about 6 blocks from our current house.  (We don't have to change schools.)  In a state of weakness, I agreed we could buy it and remodel it.  I plead temporary insanity.

Poor MWH has to put up with me whining.  We're both pretty tired and overwhelmed by the remodel.  We did a remodel before, but he forgot how all consuming it is.  I remembered, but still I went along with it.

It's going to be a wonderful house.  It has a slightly bigger backyard, will get sunshine so we can grow things, it has two apple trees, two apricot trees (that are in season right now!), one lemon tree, and grapes!

In the remodel we're adding a new small entry room / large closet that we're calling "the mud room" by the garage so we can put all shoes, backpacks, and etc. in there and then when we're ready to go to school the next day, voilà, it's there.  It will also have a little bench seat for more storage of JUNK and to sit.  Oh mudroom, how I imagine I will love you.

Other things that are exciting in the new house are: 4 bedrooms upstairs!  3 bathrooms! (Hopefully twoK and Three-a will share a room, oNe will have her own and we'll have a dance room... we're still working on logistics).  We'll also have a guest room downstairs.  Oh, and the best thing.... A walk-in pantry!!!!!!!

Actually, the best thing may be that we won't have horrible neighbors.  (I've not really blogged about our horrible neighbor but I wrote a tiny bit here.)

Now we just have to survive the rest of the remodel. And get packed. And move.  And get unpacked.   And get settled.  And realize we have no furniture that we want to take so we have to go shopping and spend money.  It will be okay.  It will all become a distant memory soon and hopefully MWH won't want to do it again!

No comments: