Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And then I drove in the carpool lane....

Yesterday was a tough day as we'd just returned from a visit to see MWH's family. Everyone was tired. Three-a was slightly under-the-weather; she was tired and didn't want to eat. Being tired and not wanting to eat was a great improvement from when she was on the plane (two days ago) and thought she was going to throw up. It's good times when your 5 year old just wants to hold the air sickness bag up to her mouth and she's coughing violently. Yes, we were the ones that kept running down the aisle of the plane to the bathroom (holding the air sickness bag). (I'm happy to report that Three-a never threw up.)

For me, yesterday, I was just tired... not under the weather. I didn't even realize how tired I was until I found myself driving in the carpool lane, and I was alone. OOPS. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't get a ticket. I felt bad and it was a complete oversight on my part. I wasn't doing it to be slimey or because I was in a hurry. I just wasn't paying attention because I was tired. 1,000 apologies to the traffic and freeway gods.


So, the trip (Last Friday - this Monday)... It was super fun to see all the relatives. It's not fun because:

1. Grandma's house is not set up for us.

-The girls sleep on the floor and we sleep in a teeny tiny bed in a cold room.

-It's hard to get the girls outside to run around and burn off energy because it rains a lot. It's hard for the girls to burn off energy in the house because the house has a lot of breakable things in it.

-There's no park close to Grandma's house

-Grandpa smokes and though he doesn't smoke in the house, our clothes end up smelling like smoke and my (very sensitive) eyes hurt.

Note to self, if I ever have grandchildren coming to visit, make sure to plan activities and times for the kids to JUST PLAY and just be kids in locations that will work for kids.

2. My relatives don't understand that I don't eat dairy and they don't seem to eat veggies.

-I had to eat cheese. It won't hurt me, too much. It seemed easier to eat the cheese than to have MWH's Mom look like she was going to cry when she realized I don't eat the food she worked hard to plan. I should be awarded lots of daughter-in-law points, but I doubt I'll get them.

-I got to eat many less veggies than I wanted. Next time, we go to the good grocery store and stock up. MWH offered, at the beginning of the trip, but it didn't seem like a good time to go and then it was busy and suddenly it was Monday. I got lots of veggies on Sunday. I'm so happy to be home back with my yummy food and veggies. I'll have to tell you about the new veggie I found last night at the grocery store.

Now, to whine about today.... I'm still feeling crappy / overwhelmed.

This morning, we went to our lawyer about our STOOOOOOOPID neighbor and the fence issue. Note, I will not document it here until it's resolved, but needless to say, the law is on our side, but the STOOOOOOOOOPID neighbor has the advantage. It could potentially cost us a lot of money and be tied up in court for a long time....I could be optimistic, but right now I'm feeling very discouraged.

Then, this afternoon, I find out bestest colleague and I will be going on a work trip for 2-3 days, in November. I'm going to have to stay an extra day. I'm not excited. Now, I have 2 trips scheduled for November. One trip is for OLU and one trip is for work. UGH. I want to do the project for work, and it's going to be a fun and important project, but I really dislike traveling. Maybe, I can talk MWH into going and taking the girls, but I doubt it. It will be easier to "just go by myself" but I hate leaving.


Okay... is that enough whine for everyone???? I'll be back later to tell you about the new vegetable.

No comments: