Tuesday, October 18, 2011

my new plan

We'll see if it happens.  Right now, my head hurts.  I mentioned I haven't had an aura/migraine, but my head has just kind of hurt for the last few weeks.  When someone I love dies, my head hurts.  It sucks, but at least I know the cause.

On Tuesdays, I spend from 2:30 - 7-ish with the girls.  While I treasure my time with them, they are noisy and that's not so good for a fragile head (TM).  After dinner, that's now, I told MWH I needed a little quiet.  I'm sneaking in a quick blog post.

I am feeling so overwhelmed.  MWH has been wanting me to work less for a while, so that our lives could be a little more sane, but I haven't ever wanted to work less.  This last month has changed that.  My plan is to do everything I need to do for work through mid-January and then take a little break.  I'm not sure if I can do it all, but somehow it will all get done.

In January, I'll do the "go hourly" thing.  We're working on a fun project right now, and I want to keep working on it, but it'll end mid-March.  If we write a new proposal, I'll totally do that, but I'm actually good with a little down time.  There's one other project that I want to work on, but I don't know what the timing is for it, and there won't be a ton of work, but who knows, it might keep me busy through spring.  I just don't know the timing of it.

There's another project that has me down for quite a bit of time in January and I want to get out of it.  I saw a potential escape route today. I'll keep you posted. I totally need some downtime. Totally. Okay, me and my fragile head (TM) are going to make sure the girls are in bed by 9.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny. Here you are slowing down (or wanting to) and here I am ramping up. I SO thought I was going to slow down even more once Anna went to Kinder. Even if just a little bit. But that's not where life is leading me right now so I'm going to roll with it. Slow down, speed up, cruise... LIFE!

Love you bunches. I keep meaning to ask, did you get my card in the mail? Love you!