Monday, August 01, 2011

Losing it... (what is IT, anyway? I've forgotten)

I'm losing it... I couldn't remember a friend's name, I could remember details about her but not her name, and I had to look them up by searching on terms (in my email) that I knew we'd discussed before I could email her. Granted, I don't email her very often, and I haven't actually seen her for ~3 years, but GEEZ, embarrassing. I'm not actually 80. However, my brain is overworked.

In all fairness, I've been reading a lot of technical papers... Like 4-6 a day to determine the absolute BEST 2-3 papers on each specific concept I'm covering in my class. My brain is exhausted. (These are not light/easy reading papers... For each paper I read, I also look up 2-3 other papers to refresh specific concepts and read portions of those. I'm teaching doctoral students, so I have to get all the details in MY head because they will ask me a LOT OF TOUGH QUESTIONS. But, yes, I love it.)

No comments: