Thursday, July 07, 2011

accomplishments

I have so many balls in the air, I feel like nothing is getting accomplished. Little things are, but not BIG ones. Perhaps the problem is that I only write down the BIG things I need to do. I just keep the little things in my head. Maybe I should write down the little things I have accomplished so I can feel better about things.


The Floor.... I told you we decided to put in wood floor on the first floor of the house. I found a floor installer (our old one disappeared) and then he found the wood. Then, the place where he found the wood raised the price. I told him I'd call around. I did find a place that is cheaper. It all took time, though. Just think, I started this back in April. I had hoped to have a new floor in August, but now it looks like September/October. It's OKAY. (I move slow around here. I guess, I am thankful that at least I am moving.) So my accomplishment is calling about the wood, and getting that going again.

The Class.... I have gotten my online access (email and faculty stuff) all set up for the university. I have all my library access set up again, too. Life is good! I have started meeting the students. I most likely will have 20 students. (It's kind of a lot. Last time I had 17. I was hoping it would be more like 15, but it'll be okay, even at 20.)

The syllabus.... Not done. I have a book to finish reading, another one I just ordered and when it arrives I have to read it, too. I have about 4 more articles I want to read and one more activity I want to think about things a bit more. This all takes time. I should realistically set next weekend (7/15) as my deadline so that I can slip until 7/22 and be fine.

One of the graduate students.... Already friended me in FB. Super cute or s/he'll end up being a big pain... It could go either way. I approach it all with the hope that everyone in the course is coming to learn and is eager and excited plus scared. This is a huge endeavor for them. I just <3 the grad students!

The new project.... I need to learn about a new technology and start setting up some stuff in it. Since we don't yet have an official project yet, I am hesitating, but I should spend a little time thinking about it.

The pool.... We're going to our first social event, tonight. It's a kids thing.


Okay, back to work for me.

No comments: