Friday, April 01, 2011

random stuff

We've decided to put hardwood floor on the "girls' level" of the house. The girls' level has the playroom, their bedroom, a family room and a guest room. I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED! We have hardwood floor upstairs and they are so easy to clean. Our carpet downstairs is disgusting with a capital D. I'm going to start calling people for estimates, soon, maybe even tomorrow! (Who knows if they'll answer since it's Saturday.)

We know exactly what kind of wood we want (Sidney Blue), so we'll see how long it takes to get it ordered and in. I'm hopeful we can have the new floor done before summer (ideal to have it done while the girls are still in school), but we'll see. We'll have to move everyone upstairs for a couple of weeks. This is my chance to clean out the playroom, too. After two weeks of being away from their toys, they won't remember what they had and didn't have. I just had a crazy idea about re-doing the girls' bedroom and getting new beds, but then I looked at beds and got overwhelmed and decided that could wait.

I am so excited about the wood floor. When we were talking about new carpet, I was happy, but now I am beside myself with joy!

Okay, I should get ready for bed.

No comments: