Thursday, June 02, 2011

Still down

Down = Good

I like working but I am trying to take a little down time, this week. I finished up a project a few days ago. It was a hard and fast deadline so the project is OVER. It feels odd because I devoted a lot of time to that project since last fall--then BAM, it's over.

I have another project that I need to spend some time on, but it's a writing task and those always take a little time for me to start. Anyway, the point of this (short and lame) post is not to discuss work, but just to document what today was like. It was slow and it was good in that "this is my life" sort of way.

Took the older two girls to school

Did dance with the first graders (Did I ever tell you about me teaching dance in the girls' classrooms? If I didn't, I meant to. I've done it since oNe was in first grade. You can probably imagine that it's super fun and SUPER CUTE! You are right.)

Changed clothes

Watched 1/2 the school talent show--Three-a was in the kindergarten number. She was good!

Went to look at a floor that the guy we want to hire to put in our new floor did

Picked up sash for twoK for Brownies! (She's going to become a Brownie tomorrow night!)

Ran home and made a Kale smoothie for lunch (with rice protein powder, kale, soy milk, flax, chia seed, 1/2 a banana, and blueberries; note to self, I don't think the rice protein powder works in this smoothie stick it in oatmeal with almond butter, but not this smoothie!)

Went back to school to watch the second 1/2 of the talent show (However, I misjudged and saw the whole thing again....)

Went home did a teeny bit of work

The girls came home

Showed them video from the talent show

Ironed on stuff for Daisy vest and Brownie sash (I HATE THIS)

Couldn't get the iron-on patches to stick so I ended up burning the Daisy vest a little (D'oh!). At least, tomorrow is the last day twoK wears it!

Went to a Dailey Method Class

Cooked dinner

Ate dinner with MWH and refereed sister fighting (also with MWH)

Listened to oNe read to her sisters (super cute)

Played in Blogosphere

Now, I hope to go watch some Hulu with MWH.

Nitey-nite.

No comments: