Friday, April 29, 2011

At least the weather is nice

And twoK doesn't have chicken pox. There are a million other things for which I'm grateful, too, but having a sick kitty makes it hard to focus on the positive. I had a sick kitty with Beloved Kitty, and I didn't want another sick kitty for a LONG time. We just got twoK's boy and he's sick already. It is NO fun.

Right now, the little kitty is sitting in a chair beside me in the kitchen while the girls play and run around. I've decided he needs to be let out to enjoy life and not be in "his room." oNe's cat keeps attacking him so I've been keeping them separate. I'm going to keep oNe's cat in his room.

Mostly this sucks.

twoK asked if her kitty was going to die. I told if he had what the vet thinks he might have, then he will. She's sad. I'm sad that she's sad. We both cried last night. oNe and I cried, too. Three-a hasn't really said much. Right now, twoK and oNe are taking anything, like him eating or walking around, as a positive sign that he doesn't have the "bad" disease. Unfortunately, I'm noticing other signs, like his gums being very pale, and knowing that he's a very sick boy.

The good news is he is out and hanging with the family and eating. When either or both of those stop a decision will be closer. I don't want him to suffer.

No comments: