Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy then sunny...

Today has been rainy then sunny, outside. It was totally cold, rainy, and gray until around 1 pm. Then, suddenly it was sunny and not raining. Crazy! Inside, it's just been steady, thankfully. twoK and Three-a seem like they continue to get better. They made it through the night well last night. Whew! I got a full night of much-needed sleep, last night. Unfortunately, I woke up to a goopy right eye. UGH. I don't know if it's viral or bacterial, but I made an appointment with the eye doctor, got some antibiotics drops, and have given myself the first dose. If it's bacterial, my eye should respond quickly. If it's not, I'll be pink-eye girl for a week. I'm hoping it's bacterial! But really, I didn't need one MORE thing right now. (PLEASE be bacterial!!!! I have a presentation on Thursday!)

MWH took oNe to school this morning. Her first day back after a week of being sick. I know she was excited to go, but she wasn't excited to get up early. The virus kept us up late most nights last week so she was accustomed to falling asleep after midnight and getting up after 10 am. 7:45 is damn early in comparison to 10:30. Ah, I love my night owls.

MWH had to watch the little girls while I did a phone call and then come home while I ran to the eye doctor. Now he's picking up oNe. Not having a nanny sucks on days like these. It sucks even more because our very part-time nanny/babysitter called in sick, today. I really like her, but I think I need to find a back-up, or even someone for one more day a week. I have someone for one extra day a week this summer. I really want to be with the girls, but I also have commitments for summer at work that I'll need to fulfill.

It's good my work is flexible, especially for weeks like this one and last, but I'm still feeling like I have way too many different things. It's really good that MWH can be flexible, too. However, I'm realizing that I should probably work less.... (Yea, you've heard that before.) We have a movement at work towards helping people work on fewer projects. It's not just me, it's a lot of people where I work. We'll see what happens for me. I'd love to end up on fewer projects. I don't know if it's possible to end up on fewer projects and maintain 1/2 time status, but maybe it is. It's nice that work is making a push to make things a little mor sane for us. We'll see if it actually works out or not, though.

However, at the moment, I'm annoyed. One of the projects I work on is potentially being drastically reduced because the client thinks we're too expensive. She thinks she can do the work we're doing for less money. She can probably find people to do most of it, but not all of it. Certainly not the research we're doing. Maybe she doesn't need the research, but from what we've read, she does. I wouldn't care about losing a project, but this particular one is my favorite piece of work, right now. The client, however, is NOT my favorite client, so there's good and bad. Oh well, if it gets taken away, then it'll be a lot easier to teach at OLU in the fall.

No comments: