Saturday, September 18, 2010

So far...

So far, I've not worked this weekend. We slept late--NICE! We needed it; I'm super tired today. I ironed all of the patches on twoK's Daisy vest. twoK helped. She was super excited about the iron. They had read about ironing in Little House on the Prairie and twoK was very interested in testing to see if the iron was hot. MWH showed her how to flick little bits of water at it, rather than licking her finger and touching quickly. I showed off my ability to lick and touch. MWH scolded me for encouraging such behavior. Heh.

I then tried to recall the last time I ironed anything. The girls didn't know we had an iron! (I am proud!) I know I ironed in 1997--I ironed the gown for my Ph.D. hooding ceremony. I think I have ironed a little since then, but I can't actually think of what.

Now, we're going to go meet some friends at the park and hang for a little while. I think I can convince myself to work an hour or so tonight. Both things I need to work on are already started and should be pretty easy to work on.... Otherwise, it's gotta be 4 hours tomorrow. Tomorrow, we have a Daisy event to go to, so I hope to get off my duff and work tonight. We're going out to dinner after the park, so if I don't have to cook, I shouldn't be too tired to work.

(This is a pep talk for myself.)

Sigh....I love the fact that my work is flexible and that I can work at home, when I want to, but I dislike that it's so flexible that it feels like it's ALWAYS hanging over my head. That's my own fault. I need to set clearer parameters and have more discipline about when I work, but alas, I don't. I continue to always be insanely busy and it's MY OWN DAMN FAULT.

On another note, I was thinking about one thing today, that I need to document. oNe and Three-a are each taking two dance classes and twoK is only taking one. I was thinking about how this isn't fair, but twoK is a Daisy, so that replaces her second dance class. It's fair. All is right with the world. Whew.

No comments: